For Immediate Release
Surf Sweets® Natural and Organic Gummy Candies and Jelly Beans Deliver on Five of Top 10 Food Trends for 2012. Surf Sweets hits on health and wellness, sustainability, convenience, free-from foods and ongoing demand for natural all among 2012 food trends identified by top research organization.
WHEELING, IL (December 27, 2011) Based on the predictions of one of the world’s leading independent research organizations, Surf Sweets is poised to meet growing consumer demand in a very big way in 2012.
Leatherhead Food Research, a leading independent research organization, recently predicted its top 10 food trends for 2012 and Surf Sweets fruitfully delicious and naturally good gummy candies and jelly beans hit the bulls-eye on half of them:
· Health and Wellness — more efforts to meet guidelines on the reduction of fat and sugar and promote product health benefits. Surf Sweets contain no fat or refined sugar. They’re naturally sweetened with organic fruit juice and provide 100% of the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of antioxidant Vitamin C.
· Sustainability — more earth-friendly sourcing policies. Surf Sweets sweetens its candy with organic fruit juice from fruit grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers, which is better for the environment. Surf Sweets also supports eco-minded community organizations that share its commitment to creating a healthier planet.
· Convenience more choices and better quality foods to accommodate busy, chaotic lifestyles. Surf Sweets are perfect for on-the-go snacking. Soccer moms and snack moms appreciate its convenient .9-oz snack-size bags.
· Free from foods market the growing number of consumers who believe their health improves with the omission of certain foods from their diets such as allergens and gluten. Surf Sweets are allergy friendly, gluten free and produced in a facility free of the 10 most common allergens.
· Ongoing demand for natural large multinationals will fall in line with smaller niche all-natural brands like Surf Sweets, weighing the cost/benefit for switching to natural ingredients. Since founded in 2008, Surf Sweets has offered only all natural and organic gummy candies and jelly beans.
The five remaining trends predicted by Leatherhead were: Flavor solutions, The budget conscious still seek affordable luxuries, Quality linked to location, Over 55 and fitter than ever and Softer claims.
“We’ve always known that Surf Sweets gummy candies and jelly beans are on trend,” says Bert Cohen, President and Founder of TruSweets, LLC, a socially responsible company dedicated to building delicious sweet snack brands like Surf Sweets that are better for our families and our planet. “Surf Sweets were created for health-minded consumers looking for all natural, allergy friendly and gluten-free alternatives to traditional snacks but finding limited options,” he adds.
“Surf Sweets uses only the highest quality organic and natural ingredients for our candies, and they’re all free of artificial colors, flavors and GMOs,” Cohen says.
Surf Sweets offers eight unique varieties of its mouth-watering organic and natural gummy candies and jelly beans in 2.75-oz packages: Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, Jelly Beans, Sour Worms, Fruity Bears, Fruity Hearts, Gummy Swirls, and Sour Berry Bears. Suggested retail price is $1.99. In addition, Surf Sweets offers two multipacks of 0.9-oz snack-size packs of its Gummy Bears (80 calories) and Sour Berry Bears (80 calories) — perfect for on-the-go snacking or school lunches. Suggested retail price is $4.49.
Each Surf Sweets 2.75-oz bag of candy contains only 120-140 calories per serving depending on the variety.
Unlike some other candy brands, Surf Sweets proudly makes its products in the USA, and all Surf Sweets candy is produced and packaged in a dedicated nut-free facility. Most Surf Sweets candies are currently available in mainstream grocery and natural foods stores, online, and at specialty retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information on store locations, visit http://www.surfsweets.com/buy.php.
About Surf Sweets®
Surf Sweets® is the country’s leading brand of fruitfully delicious, naturally good gummy candies and jelly beans made with organic and natural ingredients and without any artificial colors and flavors. Surf Sweets is owned and operated by Wheeling, IL-based TruSweets, LLC, a socially responsible company dedicated to building delicious sweet snack brands that are better for our families and our planet. The company was founded in 2008 by Bert Cohen, an entrepreneur with a successful track record of building businesses in the natural foods industry. Surf Sweets currently offers eight unique varieties of mouth-watering gummy candies and jelly beans that are available at mainstream grocery and natural foods stores, online, and at specialty retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.surfsweets.com.
# # #