When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, we post the company's announcement as a public service. We do not endorse either the product or the company.
You were diagnosed with life-threatening food allergies at the age of four. You were unhappy about it, though you could not understand the significance of this diagnosis, or how it would affect many aspects of your life.
You were sad. You told me that you do not want food allergies.
You will probably not remember the first few years post-diagnosis. You will not know of all the tears I shed for you. You will not know the fear I felt, and will continue to feel for as long as I live. The fear of losing you….to one bite of food.
BUT, here is what you will know:
- You will know the names of ALL of your food allergies.
- You will know what these foods look like & what products they may be in.
- You will know how to read food labels, shortly after you learn how to read.
- You will know that your Epipen is your friend, and that it may save your life one day.
- You will know that your set of 2 Epipens MUST be taken with you EVERYWHERE you go.
- You will know how to take good care of your Epipens, you will find cool/safe ways to store/carry them.
- You will know how to be a great cook/baker so that you will be safer, and be able to enjoy the many joys of food/parties/cooking.
- You will learn what a true friend is, and who really cares about you & your safety.
- You will know just how special you are, and that food allergies do not define you, they are just a part of you.
- You will learn how to stand up for yourself, and how to vocalize what you require to be safe.