In the past, I haven’t had great baking results. But after some experimenting over the weekend I was able to come with perfect results. I would like to share my experience with you.
Tips to Get Good Baking Results
1. At first, wash your hands and dry them. Then adjust the microwave oven as per the cake’s directions. You can position the rack in the oven’s center if it doesn’t indicate.
2. Preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes. Many people use oven thermometer to verity temperature as there’s often a disparity between the actual and set temperature in the oven.
3. Ahead of starting mixing, measure the flour and other ingredients. Keep all distractions away to make sure you don’t forget anything.
4. Make use of proper tools for measuring. A coffee cup is not a measuring cup, nor is a cereal spoon a teaspoon.
5. Don’t scoop the flour directly out of the container or bag while measuring the floor. Scoop the flour to the cup by using a spoon. Then level it using a spatula or knife. Don’t tap or shake to level it because this will only compact the flour once again.
6. Use the measuring cup for dry ingredients like sugar. Level it by using spatula or knife. To ensure the full measurement of brown sugar, pack it into the cup with your fingers or a spoon.
7. Use a measuring cup designed for liquids while measuring water, buttermilk, milk, or other liquid ingredients. Fill it to the proper measure once it is placed on a flat surface.
8. When it is time for eggs, choose the large ones. Before adding other ingredients, beat the eggs with a fork.
9. Smaller ingredients like salt can be added without measuring. You can get the proper measurement through a smaller bowl if you want. There are also chances that you may accidentally ruin the cake by adding the salt twice or thrice.
10. Adhere to every instruction in the recipe properly. Each and every step will surely influence the taste of the cake. To avoid under-or-over mixing it is better to depend on a timer for mixing times.
11. Once everything is done, place the cake in the baking pan. Prepare the baking pan as per the directions of the recipe. Though some recipes don’t call for pan preparation, most of the recipes call for the pan to be greased or oiled. For this you will need to spread some margarine or shortening on the sides and bottom of the pan. Use a paper towel or wax paper to help it distribute evenly. Some recipes may call for a pan to be floured and greased. Sprinkle some flour on the sides and bottom of the pan after it has been oiled, then remove the excess by turning it over.
12. Make sure to place the pan on the level surface before pouring the cake batter. Spread the batter in the pan with a spatula or knife.
Author Bio: Scott Garcia has been engaged in the field of cooking for plenty of years. Contact us if you want to read his articles on culinary schools in America.